BlackVue 900X, 750X, and 590X Series models are now available for purchase at The Dashcam Store! The new X Series replaces all of the previous 900S, 750S and 590W models:
- DR900X Series | Best of the Best: These are the top-of-the-line dashcams that have every feature possible, and capture the huge 4K Ultra HD quality video via the front camera as the previous DR900S Series. 900X models in this series include the:
- DR750X Series | Smooth Operators: Continuing the DR750S Series’ unbeatable performance with 1080p Full HD video at a stunning 60fps via the front camera. 750X models in this series include the:
- DR590X Series | Price and Performance: An update from the previous DR590W models, with the introduction of ‘cloud-lite’ that allows for limited cloud functionality while remaining budget-friendly. 590X models in this series include the:
- or -
More about the new X Series:
All of the brand new X Series dashcams from BlackVue now include built-in voltage monitoring that allows you to hardwire the unit (and safely protect your vehicle’s battery) without the need for an external accessory like the Power Magic Pro. All the motion detection and parking mode settings are available out of the box so you can take full advantage of your new BlackVue dashcam from the get-go!
Regarding the hardwiring cable needed to connect your new BlackVue to your vehicle’s fuse box, the DR900X, DR750X and 590X models include it in the box. Pretty nice of BlackVue to include both options standard, right?
Next up, some notes on the new hardwiring cable itself. The “3-wire” hardwiring cable has a black ground wire (GND), a red accessory/switched power wire (ACC+), and a yellow constant power wire (BATT+). With the addition of the constant power wire, the BlackVue X Series dashcam is able to determine when to start Parking Mode when the car is turned off, and will continue to monitor the voltage coming from the vehicle’s battery to gracefully shut down the unit upon reaching the chosen preset voltage value (11.8, 12, or 12.5V) To make things easier, both the voltage cutoff value and timer settings can be set through the free BlackVue App or free BlackVue Viewer Software, for easy access.
Use an optional set of fuse taps to make connecting the direct-wire harness to the fuse box even easier, quicker and more safe.
The other major new feature of the BlackVue X Series is the addition of a micro USB port for the new BlackVue LTE Connectivity Module.
With both the DR900X and DR750X, you can connect the 4G LTE Connectivity Module (CM100LTE) which is powered by the dashcam and provides 4G LTE connectivity (you provide your own SIM card) for your unit. This allows the unit to connect to the BlackVue Over-the-Cloud service which will allow you to receive notifications to your phone via the BlackVue App when an event occurs to your vehicle and allow for live remote-viewing from anywhere you happen to be! Another handy little feature of the unit is that because it is powered by the dashcam unit itself – the CM100LTE will not run out of power like a self-powered router would. Nice!
For the DR590X series, you can connect the "LTE-Lite" Connectivity Module (CM100LTE-M) which includes a SIM card and is powered by the dashcam to provide "Cloud-Lite" connectivity for your unit. This allows the unit to connect to the BlackVue Over-the -Cloud-Lite (more info coming soon) service which will allow you to receive notifications to your phone via the BlackVue App when an event occurs to your vehicle and allow for live snapshot-viewing (no live video) from anywhere you happen to be! Like the CM100LTE, the CM100LTE-M is powered by the dashcam unit itself.
NOTE: ONLY use the Micro USB port for the LTE connectivity module, connecting other Micro USB cables or devices may damage the unit.
Final notes regarding the new X Series:
- Because the power and hardwire cables are a “3-wire” design and not “2-wire”, power cables from past BlackVue models will NOT work with the X-Series models.
- However, the video cables from past BlackVue models connecting the front and rear cameras are unchanged and WILL work. The DR900X and DR750X use the same coaxial cables as the DR900S and DR750S. For the DR590X model, it uses the same analog video cables as the DR590 and DR590W.
- Also note the past BlackVue tamper-proof covers are NOT compatible with the X Series, due to the added USB port for the LTE module. BlackVue will be releasing new tamper-proof covers soon.
The team here at The Dashcam Store is always happy to speak with you online or over the phone, please contact us with any additional questions or concerns.
Keep calm, drive safe, and protect yourself and your property with a BlackVue X-Series dash cam today!