Looking for a high-quality in-car video camera to record your track days and beyond? Tired of the hassle of messing with a GoPro in your ride? Below are a selection of special dashcams that are designed exclusively for the motorsports enthusiast.
What makes these models appropriate for gearheads and automotive competition use? Below are the features that may be important to you:
- High video framerate: 60FPS (frames per second), twice the 'standard' 30FPS of most dashcams, for buttery smooth video, especially useful for capturing extra detail during high speed action
- Ultra-high video resolution: models available with 4K forward-facing camera lenses for an unreal amount of video quality
- Telematics data: models such as the Waylens Horizon can connect to your OBD2 port in order to overlay RPM, boost levels, temperature and other vehicle data in your videos
- GPS position: overlay vehicle speed and track position in your videos
- Multi-angle: 2-channel models available to record in front of + behind the vehicle, or in front of + inside the cabin to capture the driver in the frame too. Or go all out and put cameras on all 4 sides of the vehicle, with two 2-channel systems.
All of our dashcams include a 1 year warranty, and extended warranties are available as well.
Not sure which dashcam is right for you? Please visit our Dashcam Buying Guides which can help point you in the right direction when choosing the best dashcam for your needs.