Looking to "hard-wire" your Garmin dash cam to your vehicle's electrical system? Garmin's direct-wire power cable harness is exactly what you need to safely enable parking mode on your Garmin dash cam.
Connect your compatible Garmin dash cam to vehicle power in order to monitor for motion in front of your vehicle when parked. The Garmin parking mode cable will enable your dash cam to record for as long as possible, and will safely turn off your dash cam in case the vehicle battery drops too low, which prevents you from having a dead car battery.
The Garmin Parking Mode Cable low-voltage cutoff level is set to 11.7v by default, which works well for most passenger vehicles. If you would like to raise this cutoff level to 12.0 or 12.3v, you simply unscrew the cover to the control box and move the jumper to the appropriate pins (see product images for photo of voltage level pins). 24-volt system cutoff levels (23.4, 24.0 or 24.6v) are also available for big rigs and other heavy-duty vehicles!
Please Note: Garmin recommends not using a generic cable due to their rigorous requirement for stable charging. Keep your Garmin dashcam recording safely by using genuine Garmin accessories.
Brand new OEM (original) equipment from Garmin USA.
- Cable Length - 12’ (4m)
- Constant Power, Switched Power and Ground Connections
- MicroUSB Power Output
- Automatic Low-voltage Cutoff
- Adjustable Cutoff Levels: 11.7v(default), 12.0, 12.3 or 23.4, 24.0, 24.6
Compatible with the following Garmin Dash Cams
- Garmin Dash Cam 45
- Garmin Dash Cam 55
- Garmin Dash Cam 65W
- Garmin Speak™ Plus Dashcam
- Garmin Dash Cam 46
- Garmin Dash Cam 56
- Garmin Dash Cam 66W
- Garmin Dash Cam Mini
- Garmin Dash Cam Tandem
CAUTION! Garmin strongly recommends having an experienced installer with the proper knowledge of electrical systems install the device. Incorrectly wiring the power cable can result in damage to the vehicle or the battery and can cause bodily injury.
- Route the parking mode cable accessory to a location in the vehicle with constant power, switched power, and a ground connection.
- Connect the BATT wire to a constant power source.
- Connect the ACC wire to a switched power source.
- Connect the GND wire to the bare metal of the vehicle's chassis using an existing bolt or screw.
- Plug the parking mode cable accessory into the USB port on the camera.
- Automotive DC Electrical Circuit Tester (for identifying constant and switched fuse circuits)
- Interior Panel Trim Tool (for routing wires safely)
- Fuse Tap Bundle (optional, for easy "plug and play" connection to the fuse box)
The Dashcam Store™ is an authorized North American distributor for Garmin dashcams and accessories.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
02 | How To Identify Constant and Switched Fuses | DIY Dashcam Installation by The Dashcam Store™
Shop Dashcam DIY Power/Installation Accessories: https://www.t...
03 | How To Identify a Proper Ground Point | DIY Dashcam Installation by The Dashcam Store™
In this how-to video we'll teach you step-by-step how to ident...