Want to safely enable parking mode recording in order to get the most out of your Thinkware dash cam, without drawing power from your car battery while parked? Thinkware's iVolt Mini External Battery Pack is the newest power upgrade that charges quickly, protects your car battery, and greatly extends the duration of Parking Mode!
- Fast Charging: the iVolt Mini Battery Pack reaches a full charge in about 45 minutes of driving.
- Purpose Built: designed exclusively for direct-connection to Thinkware dash cams such as the U1000 or Q800 Pro.
- Long Lasting: Parking Mode can last up to 20 hours with a single-lens Thinkware dash cam or 16 hours with a dual-lens Thinkware dash cam.
With the iVolt Mini External Battery Pack you will maximize Thinkware's Parking Mode, without drawing any power from your car’s battery. Your Thinkware dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode to monitor your parked vehicle, but only writes to the memory card when something happens (motion or impact detected). This has two major benefits:
- There is much less of a chance for important files to be overwritten during long Parking Mode sessions.
- Significantly extends the lifespan of your memory card due to less overall usage.
The iVolt Mini requires a direct connection to an accessory-switched 12v DC power source, ideally the vehicle fuse box.
- Power Input (from vehicle): connect the battery pack 2-wire input power wire harness to a ground point and also to the fuse panel using one of the included "plug and play" fuse taps.
- Power Output (to Thinkware dash cam): connect the battery pack 3-wire output wire harness to a Thinkware direct-wire harness, not included. This direct-wire harness is sold separately (or may be included already with your Thinkware dual-lens dash cam kit).
Click here for a simple tutorial on how to install your Thinkware iVolt Mini External Battery Pack!
Included in the Box
- 1 Thinkware iVolt Mini Battery Pack
- 1 2-wire Input Power Cable
- 1 3-wire Output Power Cable
- 3 Fuse Taps w/ Fuses
- 2 Velcro Mounting Pads
- 1 Instruction Manual
iVolt Mini Specifications
|Model||iVolt Mini External Battery Pack (TWA-EXBH/BAB-50)|
|Color / Size / Weight||Black / 165.4mm (6.5") (W) x 131.2mm (5.2") (L) x 36.8mm (1.5") (H) / 0.95kg (2.1lb)|
|Battery Cell Type||LiFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)|
|Charging Voltage / Current||14.2V / 9A|
|Charging Time||45 minutes|
|Hours of Use (estimated)||
|Operating Temperature||Charging Temperature: 0° − 45°C (32° − 113°F)|
|Discharging Temperature: -10° − 60°C (14° − 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature: -20° − 45°C (-4° − 113°F)|
|High Temperature Cut-Off||Approx. 80°C (176°F)|
|Capacity||4,500mAh / 57.6Wh|
|Output Voltage / Current||12V – 14.6V / 2A (max)|
Power Consumption and Usage Time
|Model||Average Power Consumption (Wh) in Normal recording Mode||Approximate Usage Time|
|F70 (1CH only)||2||29h|
|*You can take these values as baseline and expect higher autonomy in Parking Mode. Parking Mode autonomy may vary depending on the frequency of motion and impact Event recordings.|
OEM equipment from Thinkware. Professional installation is recommended.
Please note, Thinkware products can only be shipped to addresses inside the United States, Canada, or Mexico. We apologize for any inconvenience to our international customers.
The Dashcam Store™ is an official North American (USA, Mexico, Canada) distributor of the Thinkware product line. Beware of unauthorized or grey-market third-party sellers!