Want to safely enable parking mode recording in order to get the most out of your Thinkware dash cam, without drawing power from your car battery while parked? Thinkware's iVolt Mini External Battery Pack is the newest power upgrade that charges quickly, protects your car battery, and greatly extends the duration of Parking Mode!
- Fast Charging: the iVolt Mini Battery Pack reaches a full charge in a about 45 minutes.
- Multi-purpose: USB port for powering/charging various devices.
- Long lasting: Parking Mode can last up to 20 hours with a single-channel Thinkware dash cam.
The iVolt Mini supports two charging modes:
- Simple installation: just plug the battery into the cigarette lighter socket of your
Charging time: approx. 60 minutes.
- Hardwired installation: for fastest charging speed, connect the battery to the fuse
Charging time: approx. 45 minutes.
With the iVolt Mini External Battery Pack you will maximize Thinkware's Parking Mode, without drawing any power from your car’s battery. Your Thinkware dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode to monitor your parked vehicle, but only writes to the memory card when something happens (motion or impact detected). This has two major benefits:
- There is much less of a chance for important files to be overwritten during long Parking Mode sessions.
- Significantly extends the lifespan of your memory card due to less overall usage.
iVolt Mini Specifications
|Model||iVolt Mini External Battery Pack (TWA-EXBH/BAB-50)|
|Color / Size / Weight||Black / 165.4 (W) x 131.2mm (L) x 36.8mm (H) / 0.95kg|
|Battery Cell Type||LiFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)|
|Charging Voltage / Current||
|Hours of Use||
|Operating Temperature||Charging Temperature: 0° − 45°C (32° − 113°F)|
|Discharging Temperature: -10° − 60°C (14° − 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature: -20° − 45°C (-4° − 113°F)|
|High Temperature Cut-Off||Approx. 80°C (176°F)|
|Capacity||12.8V / 4,500mAh / 57.6Wh|
|Output Voltage / Current||12V – 14.6V / 2A (max)|
Power Consumption and Usage Time
|Model||Average Power Consumption (Wh) in Normal recording Mode||Approximate Usage Time|
|F70 (1CH only)||2||29h|
|*You can take these values as baseline and expect higher autonomy in Parking Mode. Parking Mode autonomy may vary depending on the frequency of motion and impact Event recordings.|
To learn how to install your Thinkware iVolt Mini External Battery Pack follow this simple tutorial!
OEM equipment from Thinkware. Professional installation is recommended.
Please note, Thinkware products can only be shipped to addresses inside the United States, Canada, or Mexico. We apologize for any inconvenience to our international customers.
The Dashcam Store™ is an official North American (USA, Mexico, Canada) distributor of the Thinkware product line. Beware of unauthorized or grey-market third-party sellers!