Offset Mounting Bracket for BlackVue Infrared Interior Lens
The Dashcam Store's prices won't be beat! If you find a price from a reputable dealer that's lower than The Dashcam Store's, let us know and we'll match it. Get the best price AND the best service possible. Read more.
- Usually ships within 1 business day
When we noticed room for improvement of an existing system, we crafted a custom solution. After several design and engineering meetings, multiple prototypes, and plenty of testing, we're happy to introduce another exclusive product you won't find anywhere else: the Offset Bracket for BlackVue or Thinkware dashcam system with interior-facing IR cameras.
Essentially, our new offset bracket increases the distance between the inside-facing camera lens and the windshield.
The offset bracket improves the view into the cabin. The reason why is simple: BlackVue and Thinkware's nightvision interior-facing camera lenses are wide-angle, and in many vehicles, if this lens is mounted directly on the windshield glass, it's easy for things like the top of the rear view mirror and the bottom of the headliner to "get in the way" of a clear interior image. By offsetting the lens from the glass (pushing it slightly "further" into the interior), you're creating a better vantage point for the inside-facing camera lens to "see" into the cabin of the vehicle.
Our offset bracket has an angled top surface, which makes it adaptable to numerous angles of windshields and mounting locations.
Choose from either a discreet black offset bracket, or a transparent/clear offset bracket. One bracket is included per purchase, select the color above.
A new adhesive pad comes pre-installed on the bottom of the offset bracket, which attaches the bracket to your windshield glass. You will then use your own adhesive pad to attach the IR-camera to the offset bracket.
Offset Bracket Specifications
- Custom designed by The Dashcam Store in Austin, Texas
- Offset Height: 1.75"
- Available in Black or Clear
- Includes new adhesive pad on the bottom (windshield-facing side)
- Material: sturdy UV-resistant ABS (black) or Acrylic (clear)
- Patent Pending
Basic Instructions for Use
- Using a new adhesive pad, attach your inside-facing camera lens to the top surface of the offset bracket
- Start the live view of your BlackVue or Thinkware dashcam via the smartphone app, and switch to the inside-facing camera view
- Before removing the red adhesive cover on the bottom of the offset bracket, position the camera and bracket on the windshield in different places
- Identify a location on the windshield that provides the least-obstructed view of the inside of your vehicle
- Thoroughly clean the glass surface where the offset mount will be attached to the glass, then allow a few minutes for the surface to dry completely
- Remove the red adhesive protective cover, and attach the offset bracket to the windshield in the exact location you identified above
- Tuck the excess dashcam cable into the headliner so that it is out of the way
Recommended for Use With
- BlackVue DR590-2CH-IR
- BlackVue DR590W-2CH-IR
- BlackVue DR650S-2CH-IR
- BlackVue DR750S-2CH-IR
- BlackVue DR900S-2CH-IR
- Thinkware F100 w/ IR Inside-Facing Cam
- Thinkware FA200 w/ IR Inside-Facing Cam
This item ships for FREE with any dashcam purchase.