Introducing the Garmin Dash Cam Mini! Brand new for 2019, this incredibly tiny dashcam is the new benchmark for miniature in-car video recording. No larger than a golf ball, the Garmin Mini still includes all the important functions you need, as well as an impressive feature set you wouldn't expect in such a small device. Read on!
Our favorite things about the Garmin Dash Cam Mini
- It's so small! By far the smallest dashcam we know of. Mount it practically anywhere in your vehicle and it will remain unseen.
- 140-degree wide-angle lens captures crisp 1080p HD footage
- Built-in WiFi connectivity uploads saved footage to your compatible smartphone running the Garmin Drive™ app
- Dash Cam Auto Sync enables you to control and play back footage from up to four cameras simultaneously using the Garmin Drive app
- Dedicated "event" button to mark and preserve those critical video files, or to enter pairing mode for your smartphone
- Dedicated "microphone" button to enable/disable audio recording, or to format the memory card
- Can be set up to monitor your vehicle while it is parked (parking mode)
Set It and Forget It
The car key-sized Garmin Dash Cam Mini is small enough to discreetly mount behind your rearview mirror. For added convenience, once you mount the dashcam on your windshield and plug it into your vehicle’s power source, it will automatically record and save video of incidents.
Capture High-quality Footage
Don’t let the small size fool you. This little dashcam’s 140-degree wide-angle lens captures the big picture in crisp, 1080p HD resolution. Garmin has done an amazing job engineering this unit.
Built-in Bluetooth technology and WiFi connectivity let you upload saved footage to your compatible smartphone running the Garmin Drive app. The Garmin Drive app is your convenient solution to view, edit and share your dashcam footage. If you use multiple Garmin dash cams to capture video in front of or behind your vehicle, the app uses Dash Cam Auto Sync to set up a network and sync recordings among the cameras. That way, if there is an incident, you can easily see the footage captured from multiple viewpoints. The app will also automatically combine and organize the media files so you can easily find and view them.
Dash Cam Auto Sync
Dash Cam Auto Sync wirelessly connects up to four Garmin Dash Cams at the front, back and sides of your vehicle to provide virtually complete 360° coverage. If you save a video on one dashcam, the others will also save it. Use the Garmin Drive app on your smartphone to create a “picture-in-picture” video from any two perspectives at the same time. This makes it easy to share videos with friends, insurance agencies or legal authorities.
Protection When Parked
Parking mode monitors your car’s surroundings while your car is parked, and the engine is not running. It automatically begins recording if motion is detected (requires Garmin parking mode cable, sold separately; professional installation recommended).
Extra USB Support
The included dual USB power adapter maintains the ability to charge phones or other accessories while powering your dashcam. Also included are two power cable options to allow for upward or downward cable routing.
Included in the Box
- 1 Garmin Dash Cam Mini Camera with Low Profile Adhesive Windshield Mount
- 1 Extra Low Profile Adhesive Windshield Mount
- 2 Vehicle Power Cables (for upward or downward cable routing)
- 1 Dual USB Power Adapter
- 1 User Manual / Documentation
Garmin Smartphone App
- Garmin Dash Cam Mini User Manual (1.9 MB PDF)
The new Garmin Dash Cam Mini, *** in stock and shipping from Texas now! *** Order today! Includes free shipping and 1 year manufacturer warranty.
The Bottom Line
The Dash Cam Mini from Garmin is a great choice for a discreet solution while still maintaining quality and reliability. Physically, it's tiny, but it's power-packed and from a name like Garmin, you know you're in good hands. For a larger version of this dashcam that includes a 2" LED display, please see the Garmin Dash Cam 46, or for the version with a screen that records at an even higher 1440p video resolution, please see the Garmin Dash Cam 56.