Thinkware RADAR Module For Extended Parking Mode | For U1000
The Dashcam Store's prices won't be beat! If you find a price from a reputable dealer that's lower than The Dashcam Store's, let us know and we'll match it. Get the best price AND the best service possible. Read more.
- Usually ships within 1 business day
RADAR Enables Extended Parking Mode for the U1000 4K dash cam!
Low power consumption makes the Thinkware U1000 dash cam the best choice for long-duration parking mode protection.
Current Energy Saving Mode extends recording time while parked, but it records only after imapct occurs.
By adding the RADAR sensor, parking mode can be extended yet even further while still capturing pre-event footage.
When Radar detects objects on Energy Saving Mode, it turns into Recording Standby Mode. And it will record 10 sec before and after impact (total 20 sec) if actual impact occurs.
Thinkware RADAR can be used on Energy Saving Parking Mode 2.0 (ESP 2.0) which is supported on the U1000 Dash Cam.
ESP 1.0 allows Thinkware Dash Cams to record more time, but 1.0 only records after an impact is detected, so there is no footage before the incident.
When RADAR detects motion, it will wake the Dash Cam for a short time. If there is an impact during this time, RADAR allows the Dash Cam to record 20 seconds of footage, including before an impact is detected.
- Detection distance range: appprx. 7m
- Detection horizontal angle range: apprx. 80°
- Detection vertical angle range: apprx 35°
- Operating Temp: -30°C (-22°F) ~ 75°C (167°F)
- Power consumption: apprx 35mAh
QXD1500 Battery Efficiency with RADAR Installed
- Motion Detect: 270mAh consumption (33hrs/9Ah)
- Timelapse: 270mAh consumption (33hr/9Ah)
- Energy Saving Mode: 128.7mAh (70hrs/9Ah)
- Energy Saving Mode (128.7mAh) + RADAR (34mAh): (55hrs/9Ah)