Garmin Dash Cam 45 | 1080p Single Lens Dashcam with GPS & WiFi
The Dashcam Store's prices won't be beat! If you find a price from a reputable dealer that's lower than The Dashcam Store's, let us know and we'll match it. Get the best price AND the best service possible. Read more.
NOTE: The Garmin Dash Cam 45 has been discontinued, please click here to see the newest version: Garmin Dash Cam 46.
Our favorite things about the Garmin™ Dash Cam 45
- Super small, fits easily in the palm of your hand
- Quick attach/detach from windshield using strong magnetic mount
- Tilts up, down, left, or right on ball mount, and can rotate 360 degrees as well
- Battery lasts up to 30 minutes when unplugged so you can document an accident scene or damage to your vehicle
- High-quality 2.1 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture; works even in low-light conditions
- Forward collision warnings plus alerts for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras
- GPS-enabled with automatic Incident Detection (G-Sensor) saves video footage on impact to show when and where events happened
Your Eyewitness That Never Blinks
These compact cameras stay out of sight, but they never lose sight of what happens on the road. Just plug them in, and you can hit the road knowing that these dashcams are capturing high-quality video. Automatic Incident Detection (G-sensor) saves video footage upon impact, and the dashcams are GPS-enabled, so all footage is stamped with location, time, date and speed. You’ll know exactly what happened and have proof.
These trusty dash cameras not only act as your eyewitnesses as you drive, but they also provide advanced driver alerts — such as forward collision and lane departure warnings¹ — to encourage safer driving.
Records High-quality 1080p HD Video
Dash Cam 45 is an easy-to-use high-definition driving recorder with 2.0” LCD display. With an outstanding field of view, it captures the entire road and includes GPS for detailed time and location data, pinpointing exactly where and when events happened. Rely on your Dash Cam 45 to capture excellent video detail in both bright and low-light conditions. Mount the camera to your windshield, and record your drive in 1080p. Dash Cam records in a continuous loop, using the included microSD card. To add more memory, add a larger microSD card (accepts up to 64 GB, sold separately; Class 10 required). Play back the footage right on the display or review later on your computer.
No need to worry about starting and stopping. If Dash Cam 45 is plugged into a powered source, it starts recording automatically and saves footage in case of incidents.All footage is stamped with time and location so you know exactly when and where events happened. When reviewing footage on your computer, you’ll have a record of latitude, longitude, date, time, speed and direction of travel.
The Dash Cam 45 features automatic Incident Detection (G-Sensor) so when an incident is detected, your camera knows to save the current, last and next recordings, thereby preserving a complete record of the event. And all this information is saved to the included Class 10 microSD memory card.
For a close-up view of vehicle or property damage, you can remove Dash Cam 45 from your vehicle and take video and/or snapshots.
Driver Alerts Encourage Safer DrivingForward Collision Warning
Alerts you when driving too closely to the car ahead. Lane Departure Warning1
Alerts you if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic. Red Light Cameras & Speed Cameras2
Cyclops red light and speed camera locations are preloaded. “GO” Alerts
Notifies you when stopped traffic ahead of your vehicle begins moving again.
Monitor Your Parked VehicleParking mode monitors your car’s surroundings while your car is parked and the engine is not running. It automatically begins recording if and when motion is detected. (Parking mode requires Garmin parking mode cable, sold separately; professional installation is recommended but is easily accomplished as well by the DIY'er.)
Included in the Box
- Garmin™ Dash Cam 45
- Low profile magnetic mount
- Vehicle power cable
- USB cable
- 8GB microSD card
- Quick start manual
- Spare adhesive pad for magnetic mount
- Dimensions: 2.21"(5.62cm) x 1.59"(4.05cm) x 0.84"(2.14cm)
- Weight: 2.11oz(60g)
- LCD Display size: 2.0"
- Resolution: 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Image Sensor: 2.1 megapixels
- G-sensor: Yes
- GPS: Yes, built-in
- Forward collision warning: Yes
- Lane departure warning: Yes
- Red light and speed camera alerts: Yes
- "Go" alerts: Yes
- WiFi Enabled: Yes
- Travelapse™ video capture feature: Yes
- Parking Mode: Yes (Requires Garmin parking mode cable, sold separately)
- Class 10 microSD™ memory card: Yes, UP to 64GB (Included 8GB card)
- Voice control: No
- Viewing Angle: 122°
The bottom line
The Dash Cam 45 from Garmin is a great choice for quality and reliability. Physically, it's one of the smallest dashcams out there (despite the fact that the 45 even manages to include a screen on the back), and from a name like Garmin, you know you're in good hands. For the even-higher resolution (1440p) and voice-controlled version of this dashcam, please see the Garmin Dash Cam 55, or for the super-wide angle and voice-controlled version, please see the Garmin Dash Cam 65W.
NOTE: The Garmin Dash Cam 45 has been discontinued, please click here to see the newest version: Garmin Dash Cam 46.1) Certain conditions may impair the warning function. Visit Garmin.com/warnings for details.
2) Red light and speed camera warnings are not available in all regions. See Garmin.com for details regarding paid subscriptions for updating this content.
Garmin Dash Cam: Pick up the Perfect Passenger
Introducing the tiny little HD driving recorder that remembers...
Garmin Dash Cam™ 45 and Dash Cam 55: Compact and Discreet Eyewitnesses
Protect your driving reputation and capture and share the fun ...
Garmin 45,55, 65W Dashcam Side-by-Side Sample Footage
Your friends at The Dashcam Store with Day and Night sample fo...
Garmin 45, 55 and 65W Specs & Unboxing by The Dashcam Store™
Your friends at The Dashcam Store with the unboxing/reveal of ...