In this demonstration video, we explain the complete process of installing one of BlackVue's high-end DR650GW-2CH/DR750S-2CH dual lens (front and rear) dashcams and a Power Magic Pro (BlackVue's battery discharge prevention module) in a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban.
*** The DR650GW-2CH dashcam has been discontinued, but the DR750S-2CH is the latest and greatest version with upgraded components for higher quality! In this video we will refer to the DR650GW and the DR750S interchangeably because the installation process is identical.
*** Update: Looking for an easier way to install a BlackVue in your vehicle? Check out the Power Magic EZ OBD2 Adapter. Click here to see step-by-step guide on how to install it!
In the video, our technician touches on the following subjects (at the times listed in minutes:seconds):
- 00:15 - Planning the installation: locating the fuse box, front and rear camera and Power Magic Pro placement considerations
- 01:20 - Explaining the Power Magic Pro: dip switch settings and override switch functionality
- 01:55 - Identifying 'switched' and 'constant' fuses in the fuse box: using a test light to know where to tie in
- 03:00 - Explaining the Power Magic Pro wire harness and installing our free fuse taps (Micro2 version)
- 06:17 - Explaining ground wire location: ensuring contact with a bare metal surface on the body of the car or truck
- 06:44 - Attaching and testing the Power Magic Pro: mounting the box and a first test of the wiring
- 08:03 - Installing the front camera of the DR650GW-2CH: attaching the adhesive pad to the front windshield
- 09:04 - Running the power cable from the front camera to the Power Magic Pro: hiding the wiring in the headliner and A-pillar
- 11:53 - Running the coaxial cable from the front camera to the rear camera: running the cable through the interior to the rear
- 13:19 - Installing the rear camera of the DR650GW-2CH: attaching the adhesive pad to the rear tailgate glass
- 14:26 - Running coaxial cable through conduit to tailgate: dashcam installation zip tie trick Pro Tip!
- 16:38 - Testing the installation: ensuring the BlackVue turns on and starts recording as expected
- 17:40 - Completed installation photos showing the system all buttoned up and ready for use
For More Information on the products click on the links below:
Below there are two videos, the first of which goes over the use of the BlackVue Cloud smartphone app that is available for both Apple and Android devices, which allows you to configure the BlackVue DR650S-2CH/DR750S-2CH and view the live camera feed from the local WiFi hotspot. In the second and final video, we demonstrate the brand new BlackVue-Over-the-Cloud real-time remote viewing and downloading capabilities:
Thanks for watching, and as always, drive safe!
To request additional information, please don't hesitate to contact us. We always give our best effort to respond to inquiries within 1 business day.