New for 2018, we're proud to introduce AVIC Imaging's next-generation of professional-grade dash cams. Perfect for commercial fleet managers or fleet business owners, service professionals (electricians, plumbers, pest control, etc), contract & delivery drivers (taxis, Uber, Lyft, TNC, etc), or anyone else looking for a tamper-proof, hard-wired solution, this dash cam has features and benefits that set it apart from what would be considered a "normal" consumer dashcam.
Our favorite things about the AVIC Elite Single
- Upgraded resolution: the forward-facing lens has a higher than previous generations of this model.
- Optional WiFi: use the AVIC smartphone app to retrieve an important video clip while on the side of the road if necessary.
- Locking memory card cover: Prevents anyone but you from accessing your recordings.
- Direct-wire harness: dashcam cannot be "unplugged" without significant effort. And it's easy to install!
- Built-in GPS receiver/antenna: no additional cables or antennas to run.
- Proven reliability: high quality design and engineering that has proven itself in the field.
- Up to 128GB memory card support: store even more hours of video data if necessary.
AVIC Elite: Professional-Grade
The first thing you may notice about the AVIC Elite Single Lens is the simple direct-wiring harness that is built-in to the dash cam. This model does not come with a cigarette lighter outlet plug; instead the wire harness must be connected directly to the vehicle's electrical system. This built-in wire harness prevents someone from stopping the dash cam by simply unplugging the power cord (from either the camera itself, or from the power outlet). Business owners: rest assured, your dash cams will always be rolling with the AVIC Elite Single.
The second most noticeable and perhaps best / most distinguishing feature of the AVIC Elite is the lockable memory card cover. This lock and key feature prevents anyone from accessing the memory card, which prevents tampering with the recordings on the memory card. If you have someone else driving a vehicle you own, or are worried about others seeing your own recordings, this feature is absolutely indispensable. You will always know that no matter what happens, you will have proof of what took place with your vehicle. No one but the physical key holder will be able to access or view the videos.
Need further proof of your vehicle/driver's activity? The AVIC Elite has a built-in GPS receiver that automatically logs to the memory card the vehicle speed and location throughout the day. And of course this information is stored with the videos on the same tamper-proof memory card mentioned above. Everything is protected.
There is no display screen to distract your driver, only a few LED lights to indicate proper operation. Next to the LED lights, there is a good size dedicated "Event" button to let you quickly and easily "tag" a file of interest as an 'event recording' which makes it a simple process to find that recording during playback later.
New and Improved
The new AVIC Elite now records at 1080p Full HD video at 30 frames per second versus 720p HD video of the rock solid previous-generation HD-SL-Ruby.
Also new with the 2018 Elite models is optional WiFi! If you select the WiFi-capable model above, you'll have the ability to use your smartphone to interface with the dashcam. You can do things like check the live view of the lenses to ensure they're pointed correctly, playback videos from the memory card, copy videos to your smartphone, or access the dashcam settings. If you'd prefer to reduce your per-unit costs and WiFi access isn't a requirement for you, simply select the non-WiFi model above.
Single and Dual Lens Models Available
The model on this page differs from the AVIC Elite Dual because this model is the forward facing version. For the dual-lens (forward *and* inside-facing) version, click here. You read that right, the Elite Dual Lens (the other model) features an inner camera lens that records what is happening inside the vehicle, as well as what is happening in front.
An SD memory card (up to 128gb - Class 10) is required for use with the AVIC Elite Series. A 32gb memory card is included inside the box by default, but larger memory card options are available for purchase above.
Included in the Box:
- 1 HD Elite Single Lens Dash Cam with attached wire harness
- 1 Clear mount with 3M™ adhesive pad
- 1 Spare 3M™ adhesive pad
- 1 Key for locking memory card cover
- 4 Adhesive cable management clips
- 1 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p (1920 x 1080) Full HD, 30 FPS (front camera)
- 125 degree viewing angle (forward-facing)
- Video file format: .AVI
- Video codec: H.264
- Low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- G-Sensor (Low/Normal/High/Custom)
- GPS Receiver for Position and Speed Logging
- Length: 4.1" / 104mm
- Width: 2.0" / 52mm
- Height: 0.7" / 18mm
- Weight: 3.39oz / 96g
- Audio Recording (On/Off)
- Video segment selection (1min/3min/5min)
- Date Stamp
- Certification: KCC/FCC/CE/E-MARK
- Interfaces: Video-Out
- Memory Card Type: Class 10 microSD (up to 128gb)
- Windows XP/7/8+ View-iHD software (No MAC software at this time)
- Recording Time (Est.): 2.0hr@8GB, 8.0hr@32GB, 16.0hr@64GB, 32.0hr@128GB
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 158°(F) or -20° to 70°(C)
Installation is very simple: two wires in the harness are for power and ground only, nothing overly complicated. The power wire can be connected to either a switched power source (turning on and off automatically with the vehicle) or to a constant power source (staying on all the time).
The AVIC Elite Series come with a clear adhesive mount that attaches to the windshield, then the camera slides into this mount and snaps in to place. The bottom portion of the dash cam contains both the forward-facing camera lenses, and is adjustable for any windshield angle to keep the field of view centered on both areas of interest . We love how this camera tucks up and out of the way, unlike some others which are big and bulky.
Example Installation Gallery
- AVIC Elite Single Lens User Manual (1.1 MB PDF)
Elite Mobile App Manual (Elite "Plus" WiFi Models Only)
- AVIC Elite Plus Android Mobile App Manual (1.0 MB PDF)
- AVIC Elite Plus iOS Mobile App Manual (500 KB PDF)
Elite PC Viewer Desktop Software (Video/GPS Playback Utility for Windows)
- AVIC Elite PC Viewer Software Download (29.2 MB ZIP)
- AVIC Elite Software Setup Guide: How To Set Up AVIC Elite Viewer Software
This item includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
The bottom line
We're proud to offer the AVIC Elite Single as a one-channel solution that's perfectly suited for our taxi, commercial and fleet business clients. AVIC has proven to be one of our rock-solid performers over the past several years, and now the new Elite models bring even more performance to the table. The combination of reliability, features, and cost simply cannot be beat. When the time comes, you'll be glad you invested in this dash cam for your fleet.
Quantity discounts are available, please contact us for more information on volume pricing for your professional fleet.
AVIC Elite | Tamper-Proof Professional Dashcams | Sample Footage
Your friends at The Dashcam Store with sample footage for the ...
Are You and Your Drivers Protected? | AVIC Elite Tamper-Proof Dashcam Introduction
Your friends at The Dashcam Store with an Introduction and Ove...
AVIC Elite Professional Tamper-Proof Single & Dual Lens Dashcam Unboxings
Your friends at The Dashcam Store with the unboxing of AVIC's ...
How To Use Your AVIC Elite PC Viewer Software | Tutorial by The Dashcam Store™
Shop AVIC: https://www.thedashcamstore.com/avic/ Welcome to a...