Looking for a compact, HD, waterproof dash cam? We're excited to introduce the amazing Replay XD product lineup to the dashcam world. This 4th generation Prime X camera was designed in the USA from the ground up to be the best-in-class action cam, bar none. Check out the feature list, and watch our review and sample footage videos.
From the Prime X product literature:
"Through a culmination of 9 years of experience, incredible industrial design, and ingenious engineering, Prime X combines never before seen size, light-weight, power, optics, image sensor, processing, and aerospace-grade materials, all built into an aluminum professional HD camera. Pro users will love the Prime X’s beautiful and sharp high quality image, advanced features including Wi-Fi, superior craftsmanship, and Replay XD’s trademarked settings and simplicity that allow the everyday video enthusiast to use Prime X with ease. We have combined thousands of hours of R&D, production-world feedback, the best talents, and materials to create the best and most versatile Professional HD POV Action Camera."
Well said! Holding the Prime X in your hand, like it's little brother the 1080 Mini, you can simply feel the quality of this camera. Turn it on and feel the motion feedback as the Prime X lets you know it's ready to go play, and you know you've chosen your action camera wisely!
The Prime X kit comes standard with a variety of mounting options (see "What's in the Box" below), and dozens more are available for purchase as accessories. The possible uses for the Prime X are endless.
We love the button selection and layout on the Prime X. There is not an over abundance of buttons to confuse you. The Prime X has 2 dedicated buttons located on the exterior of the camera to: turn the camera on or off, and to start and stop recording. There are additional buttons underneath the waterproof end cap to quickly switch video/camera modes, resolutions, frame rates, and field of view settings. Under this cap you will also find the HDMI, USB, and micro SD card ports.
A Micro SD memory card (4, 8, 16, 32, 64, or 128gb - Class 10 or higher) is required for use with the Prime X. Yes, you read that right, the Prime X camera supports 128gb memory cards! A 4gb memory card is included in the Prime X kit. Larger memory cards are available for purchase above or on our memory cards page. Save money and ensure plenty of recording space with our "Dash Cam and Memory Card Combo"! Select a high-capacity, quality card with the Prime X above!
This item includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
Our favorite things about the Prime X
- Compact and powerful! The Prime X is less than 4 inches long but records stunning 1080p video at 60fps!
- Mount it anywhere! No longer do you have to worry about water or wind damaging your dash cam.
- WiFi and smartphone apps to adjust settings, start/stop recording, watch and share videos, etc.
- Simple operation. Just power on and go.
- Can be configured to "loop recording" mode, just like a normal dashcam
- Accepts memory cards up to 128gb (see compatibility list).
- Includes a great set of standard accessories (see below).
Included in the Box:
- 1 Prime X Action Camera
- 1 Tilt adjustable mount
- 1 LowBoy fixed mount
- 1 Tripod 1/4-20 SnapTray
- 1 Flat VHB SnapTray
- 1 Curved VHB SnapTray
- 1 SnapTray 3M® VHB
- 1 4GB UHS microSDHC Card
- 1 Mini USB Cable
- 1 Nylon Ballistic Case
- 1 Silk Camera Bag
- 1 Windbreaker Decal Kit
- 2 Replay XD Decals
- 1 User Guide
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p (1920x1080) HD, 60 FPS
- 120 FPS recording at 720p (1280x720)
- Maximum Still Photo Resolution: 16.0MP
- Hyperion CinePrime X Lens, T2.8 / ƒ/2.7 Natural Wide Angle
- 140 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MP4
- Video codec: H.264
- Still Image file format: .JPG
- WiFi Connectivity
- Built-in 1700mAh battery, record time up to 3.5 hours
- Low-light functionality
- Diameter: 1.18" / 30mm
- Length: 3.86" / 98mm
- Weight: 3.5oz / 99g
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- Anodized Aluminum Housing
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Smartphone apps: iOS & Android
- Certification: FCC/CE
- Interfaces: Micro HDMI Out, USB 2.0, 3.5mm Audio In
- Memory Card Type: MicroSD / MicroSDHC (up to 32gb), Micro SDXC (up to 128gb)
- Windows 7+ / Mac OS X v10.7+ software
Size ComparisonReplay XD Prime X vs. the Replay XD 1080 Mini:
Sample Video Still Shots Using Suction Cup
- Prime X User Manual (1.6MB PDF)
The bottom line
The Prime X camera system is a technological wonder. How Replay XD managed to pack all of these features and performance into such a small package, and keep it affordable, is simply amazing. The Prime X can even be configured with some of the features of a true dash cam (i.e. loop recording), this system is still a great solution for those desiring a camera that will record flawless video in just about any environment.