Full HD Single Lens Dashcam - DVR-M880C (G1W-C)
The Dashcam Store's prices won't be beat! If you find a price from a reputable dealer that's lower than The Dashcam Store's, let us know and we'll match it. Get the best price AND the best service possible. Read more.
*** NOTE: This model has been discontinued and is no longer available ***
NOTE: This model is sold by other vendors under the G1W-C name. You may find the G1W-C model available elsewhere for less, but keep in mind shipping from overseas may take several weeks. We ship (and support) from Texas! Support US-based small business and get your M880C in days, not weeks!
The new DVR-M880C is an evolution of the ever popular DVR-M880. The M880C contains a dual-capacitor "battery", rather than a lithium battery pack. The use of capacitors makes the M880C much more tolerant of hot and cold conditions, which extends the lifespan of the dash cam. Besides the change in battery style, the only other difference from the normal M880/G1W is the color: the updated model is black instead of blue. Other than the capacitor and black color, the DVR-M880 (G1W) and DVR-M880C (G1W-C) are identical.
Released in 2014, this dashboard video camera offers full 1080p HD video recording capabilities in a very attractive package. If you want the best possible video quality from your dashcam, at an excellentt price point, this model is for you! Check out the feature list, and watch our review and sample footage videos.
The DVR-M880C offers many features not found in other dashcams. For instance, the M880C sports dedicated quick-zoom buttons to let you quickly zoom in and capture license plates or other objects of interest in your videos. Also, the M880C acts as its own card reader! Plug this camera directly in to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and you can easily copy or view the video files without needing to remove the memory card or use a separate card reader... pretty slick!
This dashcam also offers a myriad of menu options such as HDR image enhancement, and HDMI video out, to let you playback videos on any HDTV device. We're impressed!
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, or 32gb - Class 6 or higher) is required for use with the DVR-M880C. The memory card is not included but is available for purchase above or on our memory cards page. Save money and ensure optimal performance with our "Dash Cam and Memory Card Combo" by selecting a high quality card with the DVR-M880C above!
This item includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
We recommend pairing the DVR-M880C with one of our easy to use Dashcam Installation Kits.
Our favorite things about the DVR-M880C
- Now uses a capacitor (instead of a lithium battery) for higher reliability and longer lifespan
- Image quality! This model offers beautiful 1080p HD video recording, and 5.0MP still images
- Stylish Design. This isn't your clunky old dashcam any more.
- Dedicated Quick-Zoom buttons, quickly and easily zoom in while driving
- Large, clear display
- No need for external memory card reader, the DVR-M880C interfaces directly with your PC!
- Did we mention Full High Definition video?? Watch the sample footage video!
- HDMI out. Watch the 1080p video directly on your HDTV.
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p (1920x1080) Full HD, 30 FPS
- Maximum Still Photo Resolution: 5.0MP
- 2.7" TFT LCD Screen
- 120 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MOV
- Video codec: H.264
- Still Image file format: .JPG
- Motion Detection
- Low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- HDR (enhance video quality)
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- Plate Number Stamp (input your car's license plate #)
- Auto Power-Off
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Day/Night Mode
- Video segment selection (3min/5min/10min/off)
- Screen Time-out (off/30seconds/1min/2min)
- Delayed Shutdown (off/5/10/30seconds)
- Certification: FCC
- Interfaces: AV Out, USB 2.0, HDMI
- Memory Card Type: Micro SD
The bottom line
An excellent dashcam, with super high quality footage and some extra features not found in most car DVRs. Tons of menu options to suit any situation or driver. Beautiful design with a black brushed aluminum finish and chrome accents. What's not to like?