This model has been discontinued.
Touchscreen on a dashcam! Aside from the large, clear, 3" LCD touchscreen, the amazing dual-lens DVR-P7S1 also offers GPS logging capabilities, G-sensor for detecting impacts, and an adjustable angle inner lens. Check out the feature list, and watch our review and sample footage videos.
The DVR-P7S1 car dash cam allows you to record outside the vehicle, inside the vehicle, or both inside and outside at the same time. You can easily switch between modes via an on screen menu to select which recording channels you would like to use.
The lens that records inside the vehicle is to the right of the touchscreen and that part of the camera can be rotated up or down over 180 degrees, to allow for many recording or placement scenarios. Get creative!
One nice feature of the P7 is the addition of infrared LED lights above the inside-facing camera lens. These lights are invisible to the human eye, but they illuminate the inside of the vehicle at night to make everything inside the vehicle visible in the recorded video. We've never been a huge proponent of outside-facing infrared LEDs, but inside the vehicle they tend to perform well.
Attach the supplied external GPS antenna to the DVR-P7S1 to also capture your vehicle's location, how fast it was going, and more, along with the video. The P7 has you covered all around as a backup eyewitness!
The P7S1 comes with easy to use J-Player software to playback video and GPS position logs. When you remove the memory card from the P7 and place it into your computer or card reader, the software is present on the memory card. Pretty handy! J-Player works with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, and OSx 10.3.6+.
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, or 32gb - Class 6 or higher) is required for use with the DVR-P7S1. The memory card is not included but is available for purchase below or on our memory cards page. Save money and ensure optimal performance with our "Dash Cam and Memory Card Combo" by selecting a high quality card with the DVR-P7S1 below!
This item includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
Our favorite things about the DVR-P7S1
- 3" Touchscreen. The display is bright and clear, and the interface is easy to use.
- Attractive packaging. The P7 is well-designed with black plastic and orange and chrome accents.
- Rotatable inner-facing lens. Easily adjust the inside camera to accurately capture video inside the vehicle.
- Inner night-vision (infrared) LED's invisibly light up the vehicle's occupants during low-light or night recording.
- GPS position and speed logging.
- Quick file-lock button for easily and quickly protecting a video recording
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1280x480 for single-channel or 640x480ea. for dual-channel recording, 30 FPS
- 3.0" TFT LCD Touchscreen
- 110 degree front viewing angle
- 120 degree inside viewing angle w/IR
- Video file format: .AVI
- Video codec: MJPG
- GPS logging (with external cable/antenna)
- Low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- Auto Power-Off
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Day/Night Mode
- Video segment selection (3min/5min/10min/off)
- Screen Time-out (off/30seconds/1min/2min)
- Delayed Shutdown (off/5/10/30seconds)
- Certification: FCC
- Interfaces: power, GPS antenna
- Memory Card Type: Micro SD
- Includes Playback Software: Yes
The bottom line
The P7 is an ideal dashcam in many applications. Dual-lens recording, GPS position logging, and the largest screen to date of any dashcam we offer combined with stylish packaging makes this model a great contender for your backup witness needs.