*** This product has been discontinued ***
New for 2014: a 1080p full HD rear-view mirror dash cam! This car DVR recorder, like the earlier DVR-VC100, is really special. Check out the feature list, and watch our review and sample footage videos.
If you're looking for an inconspicuous or hidden recording solution, read on. The VC900 is a next-generation dashcam that looks like a normal car rear-view mirror. No special installation is required; the DVR-VC900 securely mounts on top of your existing rear-view mirror, using adjustable spring-loaded tabs. The lens for the dash cam is on the back of the unit (it peeks past your existing mirror), and the screen/display is built in to the glass of the mirror itself. Have a look at the photos to the left.
The new VC900 offers the best video quality yet: 1080p full high definition, and like the VC100, excellent audio quality as well. The design is also more stylish, with rounded edges. This dash cam looks like a normal OEM rear-view mirror! Another nice feature of the VC900 is a quick-zoom toggle lever on top of the mirror. Should you need to zoom in on a license plate or other item of interest, just press the toggle button to the right to instantly zoom in (up to 4x), and then press it back to the left to zoom out again. Very cool!
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, or 32gb - Class 6 or higher) is required for use with the DVR-VC900. The memory card is not included but is available for purchase above or on our memory cards page. Save money and ensure optimal performance with our "Dash Cam and Memory Card Combo" by selecting a high quality card with the DVR-VC900 above!
This car dvr includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
Our favorite things about the DVR-VC900
- What dashcam? This design is tops when it comes to inconspicuous recording
- Easy to install: simply clip it on top of your existing mirror
- Improved design: looks more like a normal mirror than ever
- Beautiful Full 1080p HD video quality
- Display is built in to the mirror. When off, the display is totally invisible
- Quick-zoom toggle button: up to 4x zoom
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p (1920x1080) HD, 30 FPS
- Maximum Still Photo Resolution: 12MP
- 3" TFT LCD Screen
- 120 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MOV
- Video codec: H.264
- Still Image file format: .JPG
- Dedicated Quick-Zoom button: zoom up to 4x (digital)
- Motion Detection
- F1.6 lens for excellent low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- Auto Power-Off
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Screen Time-out (off/30seconds/1min/2min)
- Certification: FCC, CE, ROHS
- Interfaces: USB 2.0
- Memory Card Type: Micro SD up to 32GB
The bottom line
An amazing addition to the rear-view mirror style dashcam category! We couldn't find anything serious to complain about with this model. The range of adjustment for how far you can move the lens (side-to-side) is a bit limited, but that was our only nitpick. We love that this dashcam is so hidden; due to the fact that it doesn't suction-cup mount to the windshield, the VC900 almost doesn't need to be removed from the vehicle when you leave your car unattended! Use your best judgement of course, but this dash cam is really hard to notice from outside the vehicle.