PAPAGO! GoSafe 520 Ultra Wide Full HD 2K Single Lens Dash Cam
The Dashcam Store's prices won't be beat! If you find a price from a reputable dealer that's lower than The Dashcam Store's, let us know and we'll match it. Get the best price AND the best service possible. Read more.
***The GoSafe 520 has been discontinued***.
The GoSafe 520 from well known manufacturer Papago! just might qualify! With 2K Ultra HD video (the highest we've seen so far in a dashcam) and a darn good looking design, the 520 has us very impressed. Check out the full feature list, and watch our review and sample footage videos.
Let's get right to arguably the best feature of the GoSafe 520: the amazing video size and quality. Papago! was able to pack full HD video resolutions up to and including 2560x1080 (known as 2K) as well as an ultra-wide viewing angle (146 degrees) thanks to the latest Ambarella A7L Image Processing Chip that is built in. Tired of grainy or narrow dashcam video? Your model has arrived!
Another thing that has really impressed us about the 520 is the look and feel. The housing of this camera has a classy, textured matte black finish, complimented by a ring that is wrapped in gloss black (around the top, sides, and bottom). Papago! has started to catch on to the desires of the North American market for less-conspicuous dash cams. There is still a grey ring around the lens showing the specifications of the lens, but gone is the big chrome ring from earlier models.
As with other Papago! models, the GoSafe 520 also promotes safety and functionality. The 520 has many safety features not found in other vehicle recorders, including headlight reminder, driver fatigue alarm, and stop and go alerts. These features may be turned on and off individually and serve to help keep you and other drivers safe on the road.
The GoSafe 520 has a lovely 3.0” LCD screen for verifying your live recording is taking place, and for playing back recorded video files. Of course, the GoSafe 520 also has a built-in G-Sensor that will automatically back up to secondary storage that important file when an impact occurs. There is also a dedicated emergency button on the top right that allows you to "lock" the current video recording. This way, if you're driving and capture something important on film, click the button and continue about your business, knowing the file won't be overwritten when the camera loops back to the beginning of the memory card.
The options menu on the GoSafe 520 is very easy to use; the menu options correspond directly to the 4 buttons on the back of the dash cam.
Like all of our dashcams, the 520 loops over old footage and continuously records while plugged into the car cigarette lighter outlet. The GoSafe 520 comes with a suction-cup windshield mount, cigarette lighter power adapter cord, warranty card, and user manual.
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, or 32gb - Class 6 or higher) is required for use with the GoSafe 520. The memory card is not included but is available for purchase below or on our memory cards page. Save money and ensure optimal performance with our "Dash Cam and Memory Card Combo" by selecting a high quality card with the GoSafe 520 above!
This car DVR includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
Our favorite things about the GoSafe 520
- It's got HUGE wide-angle video resolution! 21:9 ratio
- Latest Ambarella A7L Image Processing Chip
- Ultra Wide 2K Full HD 1080p HD video quality
- Very nice finish to the housing: matte black with glossy highlights
- Clean button and corresponding menu layouts
- Perfectly-sized, clear and bright LCD screen
- Dedicated backup storage for extra protection of up to 10 separate recordings
- G-Sensor. This unit can detect impacts and automatically protect those video files
- HDMI out for HD video playback
- Compatible with The Dashcam Store™ Installation Kits!
Included in the Box:
- 1 GoSafe 520 Dash Camera
- 1 Suction Cup Windshield Mount
- 1 Car Charger Cord (fits Cigarette Lighter Outlet)
- 1 Mini USB Cable
- 1 User Guide
- 1 Warranty Registration Card
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: Ultra Wide 1080p (2560x1080) HD 30 FPS, or 720p (2180x720) HD 60 FPS
- Maximum Still Photo Resolution: 4.0MP
- 3.0" LCD Screen
- 146 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MOV
- Video codec: H.264
- Still Image file format: .JPG
- Motion Detection
- G-Sensor Sensitivity Adjustment (High/Normal/Low/Off)
- HDMI out
- Loop Recording
- Loop Recording Clip Time Adjustment (1/3/5 min)
- Driver Safety Alerts
- Protect Video Files from Dedicated Button
- Audio Recording (On/Off)
- Microphone Sensitivity Adjustment (Standard/Low)
- Date Stamp
- Auto Power-Off
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Screen Time-out (Off/1/3/5 min)
- Delayed Shutdown (Off/1/3/5 min)
- Certification: FCC, CE
- Interfaces: USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4
- Memory Card Type: MicroSDHC up to 32GB
GoSafe 520 Safety Features:
The bottom line
For the range of features offered by the GoSafe 520, you can't go wrong, especially for under $250.00 This model will be on our short list of recommended cameras for the dashcam enthusiast.
***The GoSafe 520 has been discontinued***.