*** Available for purchase on Amazon! ***
KDLINKS does it again with the new DX2! Featuring crystal clear 1080p Full HD forward-facing video and now the addition of 720p HD rear-facing video via a separate secondary lens, the DX2 is the next evolution of the ultra-popular KDLINKS X1 (the single-lens only version that was released in 2015).
As insurance and accident costs keeps climbing, using the HD video proof recorded by your DX2 just one time could save you more money than the price of this dash cam, 10 times over! The DX2, like all of our dashcams, powers on starts recording video and audio automatically as soon as you turn on your car or truck. Simple and easy to use!
Is the DX2 hard to install? Nope! Just mount the front unit in your front windshield, the rear unit in your windshield, connect the two units (front and rear) with the supplied cable, plug in the front unit to the cigarette lighter power outlet, and you're all set! You can also use one of our dashcam installation kits if you'd like to ditch the standard power cord in favor of a more hidden solution that will still power on and off automatically.
Thanks to the use of high quality six-glass F1.6 lenses, the low-light and night time footage is just as good as during the day. The DX2 utilizes WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) to account for any lighting condition and still provide excellent quality video recordings. The videos are captured at 30 frames per second to ensure any detail of that important incident is saved to the memory card for further review later.
KDLINKS goes even further to increase video quality by including a circular polarizing filter inside the box with the DX2! This filter is completely optional, but can help to reduce glare and reflections in poor lighting conditions (for instance, when the sun is low on the horizon or when your dashboard is reflecting off the windshield), and can help to improve the colors in the videos as well.
There is even an emergency lock button on the DX2 that allows you to "lock" (or preserve) a particular important video file that you don't want to be overwritten as the dashcam does normal loop recording on the memory card. Pretty nice touch!
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16 or 32gb - Class 10 or higher) is required for use with the DX2. A 16gb memory card is included in the DX2 box. Larger memory cards (64gb/128gb) can be used with the DX2, but require special formatting (FAT32).
This item includes FREE ground shipping within the continental United States. International shipping is also available on this item.
Our favorite things about the DX2
- Now two channels of recording! Cover both the front and rear of your vehicle for extra protection
- Video quality! For the price, it's hard to beat the DX2's video
- Solid build quality. This doesn't feel like a cheap dashcam in your hand!
- Includes a CPL filter! A nice gift from KDLINKS that you don't usually find included for free.
- Simple operation. Just power on and go.
- Includes a memory card so there's nothing else to buy.
- Even comes with a soft carrying case for when you don't want to leave the camera in your windshield.
- Compatible with The Dashcam Store™ Installation Kits!
Included in the Box:
- 1 DX2 In-car Video Camera, includes front and rear cameras
- 1 Screw-on circular polarizing filter
- 1 adjustable suction cup windshield mount
- 1 cigarette lighter outlet power cord
- 1 front-to-rear video camera cable
- 1 USB cable
- 1 Class 10 16gb Micro SD memory card
- 1 Micro SD memory card adapter
- 1 Soft carrying case
- 1 User Manual (42 pages, 100% English)
- 1 Quick-Start User Guide (100% English)
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution (front): 1080p (1920x1080) HD, 30 FPS
- Maximum Video Resolution (rear): 720p (1280x720) HD, 30 FPS
- Six-glass F1.6 lens Lens, AR0330 imaging sensor
- 165 degree viewing angle (front)
- 125 degree viewing angle (rear)
- Video file format: .MOV
- Video codec: H.264
- Built-in high-temperature resistant 3.7v 200mAh battery
- Low-light functionality
- Length: 3.5" / 89mm
- Width: 2.0" / 51mm
- Depth: 1.4" / 36mm
- Weight: 5.3oz / 150g
- Adjustable Exposure
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Certification: FCC/CE
- Interfaces: Micro-USB 2.0 Power In, Rear Camera In
- Memory Card Type: MicroSD / MicroSDHC (up to 32gb)
The bottom line
Excellent moderately-priced dual lens dashcam with excellent video quality! For those who just want a simple plug-and-play dashcam to record in front of their vehicle and behind it, the KDLINKS DX2 is a great choice that will not leave you wishing for more.
*** Available for purchase on Amazon! ***