DOD RC500S Full HD 1080p Dual Lens GPS Dash Cam with WDR (Wide Dynamic Range)
The Dashcam Store's prices won't be beat! If you find a price from a reputable dealer that's lower than The Dashcam Store's, let us know and we'll match it. Get the best price AND the best service possible. Read more.
- Usually ships within 1 business day
Newly released in Fall 2017: The DOD Tech RC500S. The discreet RC500S is DOD’s first full HD 1080p dual channel dashcam with 1080p full HD ultra-wide video recording capabilities on both the front-facing and rear-facing channels. Its sleek, cylindrical shape and lack of LCD screen make this a great option for anyone looking for a high-tech, low-profile in car camera system. This dashcam setup includes the best of the best dashcam features available, including a SONY STARVIS Image sensor that captures full 1080p HD video through its large f/1.6 aperture 6-element Japanese glass lens for a crisp, clear image. The front camera boasts 145 degrees of viewing while the rear camera features 140 degrees.
One feature that really sets the DOD Tech brand apart is its impressive night vision capabilities. The RC500S includes ISO sensitivity of up to ISO 12800 for superior low light and night video recording. The built-in 10Hz GPS processor allows drivers to accurately capture speed and location. Last but not least, the DOD RC500S includes Wi-Fi connectivity, which makes setup, playing back, and saving videos simple with the DOD mobile app.
Our favorite features of the RC500S:
- Sleek, compact design. The RC500S is hard to notice once its installed, and that’s a good thing.
- Two separate camera lenses. Install the second lens in your back windshield for full coverage around your vehicle.
- Sony STARVIS Sensor. The Sony STARVIS Sensor with an impressive ISO Sensitivity up to ISO 12800 ensures no detail is spared in any lighting condition: normal, low light, and infrared.
- Wide Dynamic Range. (WDR) processing with DOD Tech’s new chipset ensures that the details of your dashcam videos are recorded vividly; including license plates and street signs. It makes night shots brighter and prevents overexposure to create the clearest image.
- f/1.6 Large Aperture Glass Lens. This large aperture lens captures better night shots than a conventional f/2.0 for super low-light performance.
- Included Polarizing Filter. The RC500S comes with an adjustable, circular polarizing filter that reduces windshield glare and enhances the saturation of video footage.
- Parking Surveillance. With the help of the DOD-DP4 adaptor and the built-in G-sensor and motion detector, the RC500S will record events that happen when your vehicle is in park.
- WiFi Connectivity. View, transfer, or download video files from your dashcam’s memory card right from your smartphone or table with the free DOD app.
- SOS File Locking. With the touch of a button, quickly lock and save a dashcam file to refer back to.
- 128GB Memory Card Support. The RC500S supports up to 128GB, which means more than 18 hours of recording.
Included in the Box:
- DOD RC500S Front Dash Camera
- DOD RC500S Rear Dash Camera
- Rear Camera Connection Cable
- 12V DC Vehicle Power Adapter
- 32gb MicroSD Memory Card
- Circular Polarizing Filter for Front Camera
- User Guide
- Warranty Card
The bottom line:
Looking for a compact and discreet two channel dashcam with superb low-light recording and all the high-end features like a top-of-the-line Sony STARVIS image sensor, parking surveillance, WiFi connectivity, and app capabilities? Consider the affordable RC500S.