The DOD Tech LS500W+(plus) is a high-quality two-channel dashcam with a 3.0" LCD display. This dashcam includes the best of the best features available, including Sony STARVIS image sensors that capture full 1080p HD video through their large f/1.6 aperture 6-element Japanese glass lenses for crisp images, impressive frame rates of 30fps, and remarkable 140+ degree viewing angles.
One feature that really sets the DOD Tech brand apart is its top-notch night vision capabilities. The LS500W+ includes ISO sensitivity of up to ISO 12800 for superior low light and night video recording. The built-in 10Hz GPS processor allows drivers to capture speed and location with accuracy; no external, optional, or additional GPS unit needed with this dashcam. The LS500W+ includes a speed camera alert that will warn you when you are approaching a fixed speed camera well in advance and will allow you to keep your car under protection while in park with its parking surveillance feature.
Our favorite features of the LS500W+
- Huge Screen. At 3" across, the LS500W+ has one of the largest displays on a dashcam, so if having an easy to see screen is important to you, this is a great option.
- Sony STARVIS Sensors. The Sony STARVIS Sensors with impressive sensitivity up to ISO 12800 ensures no detail is spared in any lighting condition: normal, low light, and even at night.
- 140° Wide Angle. More video captured than your average dashcam.
- Wide Dynamic Range. (WDR) processing with DOD Tech’s new chipset ensures that the details of your dashcam videos are recorded vividly; including license plates and street signs. It makes night shots brighter and prevents overexposure to create the clearest image.
- f/1.6 Large Aperture Glass Lenses. These large aperture lenses capture better night shots than conventional f/2.0 for super low-light performance.
- Included Polarizing Filter. The LS500W+ comes with an adjustable, circular polarizing filter for the front-facing camera that reduces windshield glare and enhances the color of video recordings.
- Parking Surveillance. With the help of the DOD-DP4 hardwire kit and the built-in G-sensor and motion detector, the LS500W+ will record events that happen when your vehicle is parked.
- SOS File Locking. With the touch of a button, quickly lock and save a dashcam file that you do not want to be lost to loop recording.
- 128GB Memory Card Support. 4x the storage capacity compared to earlier models, the LS500W+ supports up to 128GB, which means more than 10+ hours of storage capacity.
Included in the Box:
- DOD LS500W+ Front Dash Camera
- DOD LS500W+ Rear Dash Camera
- Suction Cup Windshield Mount
- 12V DC Vehicle Power Adapter
- Front to Rear Camera Cable
- 32gb MicroSD Memory Card
- Circular Polarizing Filter for Front Camera
- User Guide
- Warranty Card
The bottom line
The LS500W+ from DOD is a great choice for excellent low-light video from both the front *and* rear cameras, a full set of features (including GPS position and speed logging), at a very reasonable price point for the performance.