Currently Accepting Applications!
Our goal at The Dashcam Store is to create powerful multimedia content from and all about dashcams that excite and engage our customers and align with our brand. The Multimedia Producer will be an integral part of the creative process of our videos and other audio/visual online and offline content, from start to finish.
This role will involve various stages of collaborating, planning, filming, reviewing, and editing digital video footage to create professional-quality videos and other graphical content for our website, YouTube channel, in print, and on social media outlets.
As safety devices, you can enjoy the fact that the dashcam-centric content you are working with each day has a positive impact on the driving community and the world as a whole. The more people that learn about and use dashcams every day in their personal and business vehicles, the safer we'll all be in the long run.
As part a tight-knit team in a young and rapidly growing startup, you will have a wide range of duties that should keep you busy and keep you challenged. Since we are a small team, we're counting on your initiative to stay on top of your workload as well as to provide input to the team. You'll be able to heavily influence the direction of your projects, and you'll be able to enjoy significant ownership of your work. We're looking for trustworthy, hard-working candidates who are hungry to help us grow to the next level, and who will grow and mature with us in turn. If you believe this is you, we want to hear from you!
- Write scripts for, film, and edit "unboxing" videos of new dashcams/accessories, "instructional/how-to" videos, and "product review" / "product comparison" videos
- Assist in the collection of interesting raw footage from new dashcams, to be used in "sample footage" and/or "comparison" videos
- Create interesting and comprehensive "sample footage" and "compilation" videos from existing raw footage or published video collections
- Edit customer-submitted dashcam footage into interesting/amusing "video bounty program" videos
- Output videos in a variety of formats that are customized for different platforms (i.e. desktop vs mobile and YouTube vs Instagram)
- Document completed vehicle dashcam installations with video walkarounds and still photos from various angles
- Shoot and process still photo sets (color/balance/size correction, background removal, adding of metadata, etc) of products and installations
- Create visually appealing still image graphics for use in videos, email campaigns, on our websites, in print media, etc.
- Monitor our Youtube channel, including tracking metrics to see what type of content is working and what isn't, researching keywords/tags for videos we upload, as well as identifying opportunities for content that does not yet exist or exists but is of poor quality
- Demonstrated experience creating professional-quality videos
- Significant experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite (specifically: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition)
- Significant experience with DSLR film equipment and studio lighting setups
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite (specifically: Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office365 software suite (specifically: Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- A positive attitude
- Bachelors degree
- Familiarity with or interest in dashcams, cameras and tech gadgets
- Familiarity with or interest in cars, safe driving and public safety
- File management techniques to keep your workstation, our file server and Dropbox neat and tidy
To apply, please provide:
- Current resume
- Cover letter w/ link to your portfolio or sample videos
- A list of references
Email your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
About The Dashcam Store™ Team
Our office is located in sunny Austin, Texas. The work environment at The Dashcam Store is typical of a startup: collaborative, innovative, ever-evolving, quiet at times and loud at others. We're a young company with diverse team members, and each team member wears several hats. With that being said, we're rapidly growing so each team member can specialize more and more in his or her own field. We work hard in order to achieve our goals, but we know how to have fun. We enjoy each other's company during the workday just as much as we do after the work day's over at happy hour.